There are several scholarships available in the Philippines, most students are looking for scholarships that would help them to pay this significant investment. In order to afford things like books, transportation, food, housing, tuition, and other expenses involved with studying, you must be financially stable. This is one reason scholarships in the Philippines assistance to cut down large expenses
Philippine Scholarship Opportunities
Here are the 5 Scholarships in the PHILIPPINES for Filipino Students. To learn more about the application process, Eligibility, scholarship program, financial assistance, requirements and application form read the complete article.
1. DOST Scholarship
Students who want to pursue a career in science and technology are eligible for the Department of Science and Technology Scholarship.
|Tuition and other school fees||₱40,000.00 / year|
|Book Allowance||₱10,000.00 / year|
|MS/PE uniform (1st Semester of First Year only)||₱1,000.00|
|Group Health and Accident Insurance||Premium|
(for those studying outside of their home province)
|1 Economy-class roundtrip fare|
|Monthly Living Allowance||₱7,000.00 / month|
|Graduation Clothing Allowance||₱1,000.00|
B. Summer Allowance (if required in the curriculum)
|Tuition and other school fees||₱1,500.00|
|Book Allowance||₱500.00 (to submit Official Receipt)|
|Monthly Living Allowance||₱7,000.00 / month for two months|
Qualifications for DOST Scholarship:
- Filipino citizens by birth
- Applicants must not possess any post-secondary units
- Applicants must be good in health and have good character
- Must be successful candidates of the S&T scholarship examination
- Must be natural-born Filipino citizen
- Must be of good moral character and in good health.
- 5May have taken the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Examination but did not qualify for the scholarship; OR may have qualified for the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship but did not avail of the award.
- Must NOT have earned any post-secondary (college or vocational) units.
- Must have grades in Grades 9, 10, and 11.
2. Bangon Marawi Scholarship Program
The Bangon Marawi Science and Technology Human Resource Development DOST-SEI Program
|Learning Materials and/or|
|Group Accident Insurance||Premium|
- Be a natural-born citizen of the Philippines.
- Be a direct family member who was affected by the violence or who was forcibly removed from their Marawi community, as determined by the local government office.
- Be a natural-born citizen of the Philippines.
- Have a 2.75 overall weighted average (GWA) across all academic areas, or a 2.75 weighted mean average across all math, science, and engineering courses taken during the first year of college.
- Be enrolled as a regular second-year student at one of MSU’s campuses—Main Campus, IIT, or LNCAT—in a DOST S&T priority program during the first semester of AY 2022–2023;
- Not a recipient of any other scholarship offered by a national government, university, or private organization; and
- Be of good character and of good health.
3. U-GO Scholar Grant Program
The Ayala Foundation will be in charge of managing every part of the program’s execution, including the review of applications, scholar monitoring, and interviews.
As long as He / she maintains good academic performance, Each Scholar will get a Php 40,000 reward that renews yearly.
- Demonstrate Financial need
- Be a community model of integrity
- Aspire to bring positive change to Society
- Desire to excel, have a Minimum of GPA 85%
- Be an active member of the community without any disciplinary or administrative cases
4. AcadArena Scholarships and Aid
AcadArena Scholarships & Aid for ALL5 is a merit-based scholarship specifically designed for students participating in campus esports at the ALL5 Universities, which include DLSU, ADMU, UST, HAU, and FiT.
- Each awardee will receive tuition coverage of P15,000 to P30,000 or a grant of P100,000.
- Over 1100 student gamers have received assistance from the AcadArena Scholarships & Aid since 2021.
Requirements for Scholarship
- Fully accomplished online application form
- Copy or screenshot of grades (most recent)
5. TeachSTEM Scholarship
The TeachSTEM Scholarship Program aims to develop and strengthen quality STEM educators who will be STEM champions in their communities and prepare future learners to contribute to nation-building. The program aims to improve 21st Century learners and build a STEM-oriented culture among Filipino learners and educational stakeholders by providing educators with rich content knowledge, strong teaching skills, and relevant values.
- Education at esteemed Centers of Excellence/Development
- Scholarship funds are transferred directly to scholars RBank accounts.
- Financial grants may be used to cover educational expenses such as tuition, books, supplies, living expenses, and research.
- Proof of Enrollment/Admission
- Certified True Copy of Grades reflecting GWA from the previous Academic Year
- Proof of household income (e.g., ITR, Certificate of Indigency, Certificate of Low Income, 2 recent payslips)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Philosophy of Teaching essay
- Recommendation Form
- Consent from legal guardian (for applicants under 18 years old)
- ID Picture
- Medical Certificate (to be submitted after passing essay test)
- CHED Scholarship | Application Guidelines (How to Apply)
- How to Apply For OWWA Scholarship | Apply NOW
- SM College Scholarship 2022 to 2023 | How to Apply
- Aboitiz College Scholarship 2022 to 2023
- Security Bank Foundation Scholarship 2022 to 2023
Scholarship in the Philippines has opened lots of opportunities. You can apply for any of the scholarships listed in this article to receive financial assistance for your education.