You successfully finished Senior High School. Your next aim is to achieve a college diploma. However, you have discovered that education is expensive and your family cannot afford it. How are you going to pay for your college education?
Although tuition at State Universities and Colleges is Now Free, there are still other costs to consider, such as books, transportation, a daily living allowance, and uniforms. These are certainly not free. But don’t give up hope just yet. The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) offers scholarship scholarships to help you pay for college. Are you considering becoming a CHED Scholar? Continue reading to learn how you can become one.
The CHED Scholarship Program is one of the scholarships offered by CHED for entering college students (CSP).
The goal is to help incoming first-year college students who plan to enroll in authorized public or private colleges, universities, or Higher Education Institutions (HEI).
This is an annually competitive student financial assistance program (StuFAP) that is awarded to students based on their previous school year’s grades. All student applicants are eligible for the Full Merit and Half Merit scholarships.
Table of Contents
- Benefits of CHED Scholarship
- CHED Scholarship Program
- Priority courses
- Qualifications For CHED Scholarship
- Requirements for CHED Scholarship
- How to Apply?
- Video Guide
- Results of the CHED Scholarship 2021
- Ongoing Scholarships
Note: CHED doesn’t offer any financial assistance or scholarships to Senior High School Students (Grade 11 or Grade 12) since it is under DepEd.
Ongoing Scholarship: UMak School of Law Scholarship 2023
Benefits of CHED Scholarship
You don’t have to worry about paying your tuition, miscellaneous fees, or other school fees if you’re a CHED scholar. Every semester, CHED scholars receive a monthly allowance or stipend, which is distributed either directly to the scholars or through the school/Higher Education Institution. The following is a breakdown of financial assistance:
A Private University
Full CHED scholars enrolled in a private university receive P20,000 for tuition and other school fees, P35,000 in allowance, and P5,000 for books every semester.
Here is a breakdown of the advantages of CHED scholars able to attend university.
CHED scholars who prefer to attend a state or public university receive FREE tuition as well as a stipend and book allowance of P40,000 per semester.
CHED Scholarship Program
A qualified student may be awarded a Full Scholarship (FS) or a Half Scholarship (HS) through the State Scholarship or Private Education Student Financial Assistance (PESFA).
Also Read: OWWA Scholarship 2023
Full Merit (FS)
Intended for high school graduates with a GWA of at least 96 % or its equivalent.
Half Merit (HS)
Intended for high school graduates with a GWA of at least 93 % – 95 % or its equivalent.
The following are the CHED Scholarship identified priority courses for the Academic Year (AY) 2023 to 2024:
Click Here – CHED Priority Courses
Qualifications For CHED Scholarship
To be eligible for the scholarship grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Filipino citizen of good moral character.
- Except for senior citizens, applicants must be under the age of 30 at the time of application.
- You must be a high school graduate or a candidate for graduation.
- The total annual gross income cannot exceed Php 400,000.
- You must not be a recipient of any government scholarships or financial aid.
The scholarship is open to all qualified and deserving students, selectively from the following special groups:
- Persons with Disabilities (PWDs)
- who are underprivileged or homeless
- Solo parents and their dependents
- Members of a cultural minority
- Members of the hill tribe
- Senior citizens
Requirements for CHED Scholarship
Please submit the following documents for review.
- Birth certificate (PSA or NSO) as proof of Filipino citizen.
- For graduating high school students, a high school report card or a certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and the first semester of Grade 12.
- Any of the following are acceptable:
- Parents’ or guardians’ most recent Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Tax Exemption Certificate from the BIR
- Indigence Certificate from their Barangay or the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
- Case study report from DSWD
- For children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) and seafarers, the most recent copy of the contract or proof of income may be considered.
- Certificate of moral character
- Proof of the following documents (if applicable):
- Parents are senior citizens.
- Being a member of an indigenous group
- Parents who are on their own or their dependents
- A person with a disability (PWD)
- Homeless and underprivileged
CHED scholars must study full-time and be regular students at a recognized private or public university in the Philippines.
Students receiving full merit scholarships must maintain a grade point average of at least 85 percent, while half merit scholars must maintain a grade point average of at least 80 percent.
Failure to maintain the required GWA will result in the scholarship being terminated. You can, however, request reconsideration within 15 days of receiving your GWA notice.
If you want to transfer to another school or change courses, you must first get permission from the Regional Office.
How to Apply?
- Prepare the complete documentary requirements
- Scan the documentary requirements clearly.
- Send the application and documents ONLINE to your respective CHED Regional Office.
- CHEDRO I
- CHEDRO II
- CHEDRO III
- CHEDRO IV
- CHEDRO V
- CHEDRO VI (Link will be updated soon Join our Facebook Group to get New Updates)
- CHEDRO VII
- CHEDRO VIII
- CHEDRO IX (Link will be updated soon Join our Facebook Group to get New Updates)
- CHEDRO X
- CHEDRO XI
- CHEDRO XII
For inquiries, kindly contact your respective CHED Regional Office.
New Updates: Civil Service Exam 2023 Application
Results of the CHED Scholarship 2021
The CHED Scholarship Program’s outcome is determined by a ranking system and the availability of slots.
The list of qualifiers has yet to be announced, but it is expected to be released this month via individual emails to each qualifier. Keep an eye on this page for updates.
- CHED Scholarship 2023 Application is Now Open to Apply
- The online application for the CHED College Scholarship has now opened. The deadline for submissions is May 31, 2023.
- CHED Suspended the application for their merit scholarship programs for academic year 2023 – 2024 (Source)
- SM Scholarship 2023
- TES Scholarship Online Application
- CHED SIKAP Grant 2023 | Apply Now
- Hawak Kamay Scholarship Application 2023 to 2024
Is CHED able to provide financial assistance or a scholarship to current Senior High School student (Grade 11 or 12)?
No. Senior-high students are under DepEd.
What is the monthly allowance for CHED scholar?
If you are a full-time student, you will receive Php 35,000 per semester. They will receive Php 17,000 per semester as a half-scholar.
The course I’d like to take is not on the list of priority courses. What should I do?
Unfortunately, CHED’s priority courses are very specific. You could look into other scholarships instead.
Does CHED provide financial assistance based on region?
For example, CHED announced a cash grant for medical students enrolled in specific State Universities.
I Did Not Complete my college Education. Now I want to continue my studies as a CHED scholar. Is that acceptable?
Yes. CHED will accept your application if you meet all of the other requirements and submit all of the required documents.
Is CHED Scholarship 2023 still available?
The deadline for submissions was August, 2021. CHED Scholarship suspended for their merit scholarship programs 2022 to 2023.
Is there a CHED Scholarship for 2023 to 2024?
CHED Scholarship Program For Future Statisticians (Estatistikolar) is Now open to apply.
How much is the CHED scholarship 2023?
Qualified beneficiaries should enroll or be currently enrolled in any CHED priority courses as per CMO No. 1 s. 2104 and will get financial assistance varying from Php 15,000 to Php 30,000 every semester, depending on the program for which they qualify.