The Security Bank Scholarship for Better Communities Scholarship Program is to provide educational assistance to deserving but underprivileged students attending Security Bank Foundation partner schools.
Table of Contents
- What are the Eligibility Requirements?
- What are the eligible courses that are qualified for the scholarship?
- What are the Security Bank Foundation’s partner schools?
- Video Guide
- How to apply?
- People also ask
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
- Graduating Grade 12 student from public/private school
- Latest General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 90% or its equivalent
- No parent currently employed/assigned in Security Bank
- No other family member currently admitted to the scholarship within second degree of consanguinity or affinity
- No other existing scholarship except for discounts provided by schools
- Must enroll in any of the 8 partner schools in NCR
What are the eligible courses that are qualified for the scholarship?
Scholarship slots shall be offered to college students taking up courses directly supporting bank operations including:
- Accounting Information System/Technology,
- Internal Auditing
- Financial Management
- Industrial Engineering
- Management Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
- Business Analytics/Statistics
- Data Science
- Computer Science/Technology
- Information Systems/Technology
What are the Security Bank Foundation’s partner schools?
8 Partner Schools:
- Ateneo De Manila University
- Chiang Kai Shek College
- De La Salle University – Manila
- Far Eastern University – Manila
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- University of the Philippines – Diliman
- University of Santo Tomas
Screening and Selection Process
- Only applications submitted online will be screened by Security Bank Foundation’s Scholarship Officer.
- Valid applications are endorsed by Security Bank Foundation to respective scholarship coordinators of our partner schools/universities.
- Security Bank Foundation may validate the data indicated in the application through mobile phone call and email.
- Applicants who passed the first level review will proceed to the online interview.
- Admitted applicants will be notified through mobile phone call and email. Applicants should ensure active contact information stated in the online application form.
- Newly admitted scholars will sign a scholarship contract to confirm their admission.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship assistance commences on the first year of the tertiary course and continues until graduation from the same course.
- The scholar must be enrolled for at least the minimum number of units/load required by the school for each school term.
- Scholars are required to maintain at least 86% general weighted average and at least 80% per subject grade by the end of the term (semester/trimester).
Scholars are required to renew their scholarship every school term (i.e. semester/trimester). The following documents must be submitted for renewal:
- Online Renewal Form
- Certificate of Enrolment/Registration Form for the next school term
- Report Card/Transcript of Records indicating general weighted average for the previous school term
- Assessment of fees
- Updated grading system from school or university
- Reconsideration Letter (only if the scholar fails to meet the per subject grade requirement)
A scholar may be terminated from the scholarship upon commission of any of the following grounds:
- Failure to submit renewal requirements on the date of the deadline
- Failure to meet general weighted average
- Failing, incomplete, or dropped grade in both academic and non-academic subjects
- Transferring to another school
- Shifting to a non-eligible course
- Deferment of enrolment in a school year (except for poor health)
- Violation of school policies during the availment of the grant
- Availment of another scholarship
- Online Application Form (http://bit.ly/ExternalApplicationAY2023)
- Latest Grade 12 Report Card with GWA (Preferably, up to the first term or the second grading)
- Parents or Guardians’ Latest Income Tax Return / Parents or Guardians’ Certificate of Indigency
- Proof of Application for Admission in any of the 8 Partner School
- Birth Certificate
- Portrait Photo or 2 x 2 (white background)
For Academic Year (AY) 2023 – 2024:
- Opening of Applications: May 2, 2023
- Deadline of Applications: June 30, 2023
How to apply?
Applicants are online, click Here External Scholarship Program | Security Bank Philippines to apply.
People also ask
1. Graduating Grade 12 student from public/private school
2. Must enroll in any of the 8 partner schools in NCR
3. No parent currently employed/assigned in Security Bank
4. No other existing scholarship except for discounts provided by schools
5. Latest General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 90% or its equivalent
6. No other family member currently admitted to the scholarship within second degree of consanguinity or affinity
• Online Application Form
• Latest Grade 12 Report Card with GWA (Preferably, up to the first term or the second grading)
• Parents or Guardians’ Latest Income Tax Return / Parents or Guardians’ Certificate of Indigency
• Proof of Application for Admission in any of the 8 Partner School
• Birth Certificate
• Portrait Photo or 2 x 2 (white background)
The Deadline of Applications of Security Bank Foundation is June 30, 2023
1. Stipend – Php 5,000 per month for maximum of 10 school months.
2. Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees – Maximum of Php 100,000 per year.