BPI Foundation (BPIF) acknowledges the significant efforts made by our medical front-line personnel in the battle against COVID-19. In recognition of their valiant efforts, BPIF has established PAGPUPUGAY, a scholarship program to support the kin of medical front-line workers who have died or been afflicted with the coronavirus.
BPIF has been able to give educational support to fifteen (15) collegiate students since the program’s launch in 2020, with scholarships being considered for renewal on a yearly basis. BPIF will accept applications for eight (8) new students for the Academic Year 2022–2023.
Table of Contents
Every academic year, each scholar will receive a scholarship stipend of up to P100,000.00 to help pay for tuition and other incidental expenses, which will be paid directly to BPIF’s partner university. Financial aid will only pay school expenses for the regular school year or term and will not, under any circumstances, reimburse school fees associated with or connected in the summer term, unless the course curriculum requires it. The financial assistance would provide a monthly living subsidy as well as a study assistance stipend for scholars from public institutions and colleges.
Qualified next of kin of the following medical front liners who passed away or those who contracted COVID-19 in the line of duty:
- Medical technologists
- Community health workers
- Administrative, utility, and support services personnel in health care facilities
If the deceased is married, priority beneficiaries will be the children. If single, beneficiaries can be next of kin up to 3rd degree of consanguinity.
- Applicants should be college/university students (1st year-4th year/5th year) of BPIF’s partner schools.
- To qualify, eligible students must have and maintain a General Weighted Average (GWA) of 85% or its equivalent, or meet University standards for the previous academic year (for incoming 1st year) or for the previous semester (for incoming 2nd year-5th year).
Interested and eligible students may apply through our partner schools. If your school is not included in the list, please coordinate directly with BPI Foundation through firstname.lastname@example.org
Partner Schools will screen the applications and will submit a short-list of three (3) nominees to BPIF. Successful applicants will be selected from the list of nominees through an evaluation of their academic excellence and financial need. Selected scholars will be notified by BPIF of their acceptance to the program through their schools and electronic mail indicated in the application form.
Also Read: Civil Service Exam 2023
- Fully accomplished scholarship application form (https://bit.ly/2022PagpupugayAppForm)
- Fully accomplished data privacy form (https://bit.ly/2022PagpupugayDataPrivacy)
- If the medical frontliner is deceased: Affidavit of Endorsement and of No Objection (Next of Kin) (https://bit.ly/2022Affidavit-NextOfKin)
- If the medical frontliner is still living: Affidavit of Endorsement and of No Objection (Frontliner) (https://bit.ly/2022Affidavit-Frontliner)
- Endorsement letter, duly signed by the authorized representative of the hospital or health care facility where the medical front liner was assigned
- Original or authenticated copies of the following:
- Course curriculum
- If a child of the medical front liner, NSO-authenticated birth certificate of the applicant
- If a sibling of the medical front liner, NSO-authenticated birth certificate of the applicant and the front liner showing their common parents
- If a nephew/niece of the medical front liner, birth certificate of the applicant, together with the birth certificate of the applicant’s parent and the medical front liner showing their common parents
- If a widow/widower of the medical front liner, NSO-authenticated marriage certificate of the medical front liner.
- PRC ID or License ID of the medical front liner
- If medical front liner is deceased, death certificate of the medical front liner – indicating COVID-19 or complications due to COVID-19 as cause of death
- If medical front liner is still living, medical certificate of the medical front liner – indicating COVID-19 in the findings
- Latest ITR of parents / guardian of the applicant
- Latest previous academic year Transcript of Records or Copy of Grades
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Only the applications with complete requirements will be processed.
- Scanned copies of application form and other supporting documents may be submitted. Hard copies will be required once applicants are selected for the scholarship.
BPI Foundation Pagpupugay Scholarship deadline: June 24, 2022
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to contact and email their colleges/universities for more information or submission of applications:
- Ateneo de Manila University – email@example.com
- Cebu Institute of Technology University – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christ the King College – Gingoog City – email@example.com
- De La Salle University (Manila) – Please visit the De La Salle University Facebook Page for the Google Form link
- Far Eastern University (Manila) – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Holy Angel University (Pampanga) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lorma Colleges (La Union) – email@example.com
- Lyceum of the Philippines University (Davao) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mapua University (Manila and Makati) – Admissions-Scholarship@mapua.edu.ph
- Malayan Colleges Laguna – email@example.com
- Malayan Colleges Mindanao- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mindanao State University–Iligan Institute of Technology – email@example.com
- Miriam College – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- National Teachers College – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Philippine Women’s University – email@example.com
- PHINMA Republican College – firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHINMA St. Jude College – email@example.com
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saint Louis University – Baguio – email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Silliman University – email@example.com
- Southville International School and Colleges – firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Mary’s College of Baliuag (Bulacan) – email@example.com
- Technological Institute of the Philippines – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- University of Batangas – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- University of Northern Philippines – firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Nueva Caceres – email@example.com
- University of Perpetual Help Systems Dalta – firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Santo Tomas (Manila) – email@example.com
- University of San Carlos – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- University of the Immaculate Concepcion (Davao) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of the Philippines (Diliman) – email@example.com
- University of the Philippines (Manila) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan – email@example.com