The TeachSTEM Scholarship Program aims to develop and strengthen quality STEM educators who will be STEM champions in their communities and prepare future learners to contribute to nation-building. The program aims to improve 21st Century learners and build a STEM-oriented culture among Filipino learners and educational stakeholders by providing educators with rich content knowledge, strong teaching skills, and relevant values.
Table of Contents
- College Degree Scholarship
- Master’s Degree Scholarship
- Master’s Research Grant
- Teacher Certificate Program
- Scholar Development Programs
- How To Apply
- Partner Universities
- Preferred Universities
- Scholarship Application Links
- People also ask
Scholarships are available through the TeachSTEM Scholarship for Educators for:
- A college degree scholarship is available to aspiring teachers.
- A Masters Degree scholarship is available to current teachers.
- Teachers taking up their Masters Degree through the Masters Thesis Grant
- STEM professionals who want to teach can apply for the Teachers Certification Scholarship.
Also Read: How to Apply For Solo Parent ID
College Degree Scholarship
The TeachSTEM College Degree Scholarship Program is designed to prepare and help graduating high school students in becoming skilled teachers and STEM champions capable of providing conducive and meaningful learning experiences for their students.
Students pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in elementary or secondary education with a major in Science, Technology, or Mathematics at any of GBF’s partner universities are encouraged to apply.
Fixed Annual Grant
- Public university – Php 65,000
- Private university – Php 85,000
Master’s Degree Scholarship
The TeachSTEM Master’s Degree Scholarship Program aims to advance the critical knowledge of practising educators by allowing them to transform and reform future educational practise theory, policy, and institutions in the interdisciplinary field of Education.
Incoming or current Master of Education student specializing in Science, Math, Technology, or Engineering at any of GBF’s partner universities who is currently serving as:
- A public school science, math, technology, or engineering teacher from grades K to 12.
- An instructor in any tertiary institution who teaches a science, math, technology, or engineering-related course.
Fixed Annual Grant
- Public University – Php 45,000
- Private University – Php 65,000
Master’s Research Grant
The Master’s Research Grant is aimed to provide financial aid to STEM educators working on their master’s thesis or capstone project as the final requirement for their master’s degree program. STEM educators can use this to expand their content knowledge, improve their pedagogical skills, and become highly effective mentors.
Master’s Degree students who have completed all required coursework and passed the comprehensive examination are eligible to apply for the Research Grant.
Fixed Annual Grant
- Public or Private University – Php 50,000
Teacher Certificate Program
The Teacher Certificate Program aims to provide and strengthen pedagogical skills to STEM educators who do not hold a degree in education. This program will prepare them to become licensed professional teachers by providing them with the necessary delivery modes for educating STEM learners.
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, or Mathematics from a CHED-recognized private or state university/college and has not completed any Teacher Certificate Program units.
Fixed Annual Grant
- Public University – Php 30,000
- Private University – Php 50,000
Also Read: DOST – SEI Undergraduate Scholarship 2023
- Education at esteemed Centers of Excellence/Development
- Scholarship funds are transferred directly to scholars RBank accounts.
- Financial grants may be used to cover educational expenses such as tuition, books, supplies, living expenses, and research.
Scholar Development Programs
- Availability of capacity-building program (i.e. leadership, upskilling, subject content)
- A chance to be a part of a community of educators
- Continue to work in the public sector while finishing your degree.
How To Apply
STEP 1: Eligibility Screening
- Accomplishment of Application Form
- Submission of Documentary Requirements
STEP 2: Live Online Exam
- Competency Test
- Essay Test
STEP 3: Panel Interview
- Submission of Medical Certificate
- Panel Interview
- Must have no failed, dropped, or incomplete grades in the previous academic year.
- Must have a general average of at least eighty-five percent (85%) or its equivalent.
- Must enroll minimum academic load prescribed & complete program within the recommended period.
- Must be in good health.
- Must be of good moral character.
- Teaching STEM in any K to 12 public institution or any private or public tertiary institution for at least 1 year as full-time faculty (all except College Degree).
- Has at least a “Satisfactory” rating in teaching performance from previous year (all except College Degree).
- In need of financial support to complete studies.
- Preferably not a recipient of other scholarships.
- Proof of Enrollment/Admission
- Certified True Copy of Grades reflecting GWA from the previous Academic Year
- Proof of household income (e.g., ITR, Certificate of Indigency, Certificate of Low Income, 2 recent payslips)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Philosophy of Teaching essay
- Recommendation Form
- Consent from legal guardian (for applicants under 18 years old)
- ID Picture
- Medical Certificate (to be submitted after passing essay test)
Also Read: CHED Scholarship 2022 to 2023
- Angeles University Foundation (Pampanga)
- Ateneo De Zamboanga
- Ateneo de Manila University (GBSEALD)
- Ateneo de Naga University
- Batangas State University
- Bicol University (Main)
- Bukidnon State University
- Cebu Normal University
- Central Luzon State University (Nueva Ecija)
- Central Mindanao University
- Central Philippine University (Iloilo)
- De La Salle University (Manila)
- Far Eastern University
- Father Saturnino Urios University (Butuan)
- Mariano Marcos State University
- Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of Technology
- Negros Oriental State University (Dumaguete City)
- Notre Dame of Marbel University (South Cotabato)
- Philippine Normal University – Manila
- Philippine Normal University – Mindanao (Agusan del Sur)
- Philippine Normal University – North Luzon (Isabela)
- Southern Luzon State University (Quezon)
- St. Mary’s University (Nueva Vizcaya)
- University of Southeastern Philippines
- University of St. La Salle (Bacolod)
- University of Sto. Tomas
- University of the Cordilleras
- University of the Immaculate Conception (Davao City)
- University of the Philippines – Diliman
- West Visayas State University
- Xavier University
- St. Louis College – La Union
- University of Mindanao – Davao
- University of Mindanao – Tagum
- University of Northern Philippines (Ilocos Sur)
- University of San Carlos – Cebu
Scholarship Application Links
- Application for TeachSTEM College Degree Scholarship – Apply NOW
- TeachSTEM Master’s Degree Scholarship – Apply NOW
- Application for Master’s Research Grant – Apply NOW
- Application for Teacher Certificate Program – Apply NOW
TeachSTEM Scholarship Deadline – November 30,2022