A government-issued identification card that recognizes a single parent as the head of their household is known as a solo parent identification card. The card could offer benefits such as reduced public transportation rates, access to solo parent discounts at various businesses, and priority enrollment in school program. For single parents who are struggling to make ends meet, obtaining a solo parent identification card can be beneficial.
The SOLO PARENT WELFARE ACT (2000), also known as Republic Act 8972, provides specific benefits to single parents in the Philippines. This includes further vacation time, a more flexible work schedule, and even financial assistance for their children’s education.
According to a WHO-funded study conducted by the Department of Health and the University of the Philippines-National Institute for Health, the Philippines currently has 14 million single parents. This could be because of abandonment, death, or simply not being married. Solo parents come from all walks of life and face a variety of difficulties.
Table of Contents
- Solo Parent ID Qualifications:
- Solo Parent ID Benefits
- Additional Benefits
- Requirements For Solo Parent ID
- How to Apply for Solo Parent Id Application
- How do I register for solo parent online?
- Video Guide
- People also ask
If you are a single parent, we appreciate you! You are completely deserving of the government support. To take advantage of these benefits, however, you must first apply for a Solo Parent ID.
Let us look at the qualifications, benefits, requirements, and application process for Solo Parent Id.
Solo Parent ID Qualifications:
A Solo Parent must meet the following qualifications, according to RA 8972:
- A woman who gives birth as a result of rape and other crimes against chastity even without a final conviction of the offender, provided that mother keeps and raises the child.
- Parent left solo or alone with the responsibility of parenthood due to the following circumstances:
- Due to death of spouse.
- Spouse is detained or is serving sentence for a criminal conviction for at least one (1) year.
- Physical and/or mental incapacity of spouse as certified by a public medical practitioner.
- Legal separation or de facto separation from spouse for at least one (1) year, as long as he/she is entrusted with the custody of the children.
- Declaration of nullity or annulment of marriage as decreed by a court or by a church as long as he/she is entrusted with the custody of the children.
- Unmarried mother/father who has preferred to keep and rear her/his child/children instead of having others care for them or give them up to a welfare institution.
- Any other person who solely provides parental care and support to a child or children.
- Any family member who assumes the responsibility of head of family as a result of the death, abandonment, disappearance or prolonged absence of the parents or solo parent.
Solo Parent ID Benefits
The benefits and privileges of solo parents are developed in collaboration with local government units by the DSWD, DOH, DECS, CHED, TESDA, DOLE, NHA, and DILG. The privileges include:
- Livelihood Development
- Livelihood training;
- Basic business management training;
- Value orientation;
- Provision of seed capital; and
- Job Placement.
- Counseling Services
- Parent Effectiveness Services
- early childhood development;
- behavior management;
- health care;
- rights and duties of parents and children
- Critical Incidence Stress Debriefing
- Special Projects for Individuals in Need of Protection
- temporary shelter;
- legal assistance;
- medical care, etc:
- Educational benefits
- Scholarship Programs; and
- Nonformal education program;
- Housing benefits
- Medical assistance
Any single parent whose income falls below the National Economic and Development Authority’s (NEDA) poverty line and is subject to the assessment of the DSWD worker in the area is eligible for assistance. A single parent can contact the following organizations directly to inquire about their services:
- Health Care Services (DOH)
- Educational Services (CHED, TESDA)
- Housing Services (NHA)
- Parental Leave of Absence (Employer, DOLE, CSC) Note: A single parent whose income exceeds the poverty line will receive only limited benefits such as flexible work schedules, parental leave, and others as determined by the DSWD
Requirements For Solo Parent ID
The requirements to Apply for Solo Parent Id are:
- Barangay certification confirming Solo Parents’ residency in the barangay for the previous six months.
- Birth certificates of children, death certificates for spouses, and other appropriate documentary support.
- Income tax return or any other document establishing the income level of the sole parent
- Please keep in mind that your local government may require you to provide additional documents such as a house sketch or a sworn affidavit.
Also Read: DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship 2023
How to Apply for Solo Parent Id Application
Apply for Solo Parent Id in Philippines in 3 easy steps
- Solo parent ID applicants must bring the following documents to the City/Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office:
- Barangay certification confirming Solo Parent’s residency in the barangay for the previous six months
- Certificates, such as children’s birth certificates, a spouse’s death certificate, and other appropriate documentary support
- Income tax return or any other document validating the income level of the sole parent
- The social worker receives all documents and ensures that they are complete before entering them into the log-book Registry of Solo Parents.
- Please keep in mind that the ID will be issued after 30 days of filing. The ID is valid for one year and is renewable.
How do I register for solo parent online?
- Using your personal email address, register at qceservices.quezoncity.gov.ph. To register and submit, fill out the form properly.
- Fill out the form properly to register and submit
- Accomplish Sectoral Information. Make sure to fill-out all the details in this section.
- Documentation Requirements for Single Parents
- Solo Parent approvers/social workers will review the application.
- Wait for an email with information about the Solo Parent ID Application. An email will be sent to the applicant to set up an appointment for the social worker’s interview and assessment.
- Make an appointment online at qceservices.quezoncity.gov.ph, SSDD page. Present the reference number for schedule verification.
- Come to SSDD (2nd Floor), Solo Parent Section on your scheduled interview and assessment date and time.
- Install the QCitizen Application in the Playstore / Appstore once the application has been approved to to get the Digital ID.
- You can get the Solo Parent ID Application Form Here
People also ask
The following are the most frequently asked questions about the advantages of being a solo parent and Solo Parent ID:
What is the meaning of solo parent?
How do I get a Solo Parent ID?
Is a Solo Parent ID considered a valid ID?
How long will it take for me to receive my Solo Parent ID?
What are the Solo Parent Benefits?
Are single parents qualified for maternity leave?
Should single parents have to pay taxes?
How long does the Solo Parent ID remain valid?
Can you renew your Solo Parent ID?
Which government agencies provide assistance to single parents?
1. Health Services (DOH)
2. Housing (NHA)
3. Educational Services (CHED, TESDA)
4. Parental Leave (Employer, DOLE, CSC)
Is the Solo Parent ID only available to nonworking parents?
Is the Solo Parent ID only for working parents?
How long does it take to be declared a single parent as a result of abandonment?
What are the Benefits of solo parent in DSWD?
Online registration and Application Form for Solo Parent ID
1. Barangay certification certifying Solo Parent’s residency in the barangay for the last six months
2. Certificates e.g., birth certificates of children, death certificate of spouse and other appropriate documentary support
3. Income tax return or any document that will establish the income level of the solo parent.
Solo parent ID Requirements 2023
2. 1 pc. Recent 2×2 ID picture (white background)
3. Original Barangay Certificate (Solo Parent)
4. Birth Certificate of minor child/children (Xerox copy)
5. Medical Certificate/PWD ID (if spouse or child/children is PWD)
Any of the following:
1. Photo copy of Death Certificate of spouse (if widow/widower)
2. Affidavit (Circumstances of Being a Solo Parent)
3. Copy of filed /Pending Petition for annulment of Marriage /Legal → Separation→ Copy of Certificate of Detention/Court Order (if spouse/partner is in prison)
4. DSWD Foster Care license (for Foster Parent)
What are the Benefits of being a solo parent in DSWD?
How do i get a DSWD solo parent ID?
Step 2: Completing the Solo Parent ID Application Form.
Step 3: Submit your documents to the DSWD office in your local government or region.
Step 4: Pay the Necessary Fees.
Step 5: Wait for your assessment and evaluation for 30 days.
Step 6: Claim your Solo Parent ID at the DSWD.
What is the monthly allowance in the Philippines for a solo parent?
What is the difference between a single and a solo parent?
How much discount can solo parents get?
Is solo parent leave paid?
It is difficult to be a single parent in the Philippines, especially given the country’s current economic situation. The benefits of the Solo Parents Welfare Act of 2000, on the other hand, make it easier to be a single parent. Grocery discounts, free tuition, and housing assistance are among the benefits available. You must first obtain a Solo Parent ID from the Department of Social Welfare and Development in order to receive these benefits. The procedure is simple and only takes a few minutes. So, if you’re a single parent, get your ID card right away!
The Solo Parent ID will soon include additional benefits and discounts that will be extremely beneficial to solo parents who need a little extra money in their monthly budget. With its expanded benefits, hardworking, often stressed-out single parents will receive financial assistance as well as professional, medical, and even psychological assistance.
Apply for a Solo Parent ID to enjoy such new and improved Benefits. And Get one is free and valid for a year.