The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is committed to the welfare of Filipinos and offers educational assistance programs alongside other opportunities. This article shows how to apply for DSWD educational assistance, providing guidance for those seeking financial support to pursue their education and build a better future.
Table of Contents
- What is DSWD Educational Assistance Program?
- How to Apply DSWD Assistance Program?
- Who is eligible to apply for the DSWD Assistance Program?
- How Do I Apply for DSWD Program?
- Below are the Necessary Documentary Requirements:
- Payout Schedules
- Video Guide
What is DSWD Educational Assistance Program?
The DSWD Educational Assistance Program offers financial support to eligible individuals for their education. In March 2018, they clarified that they were not providing scholarships but educational assistance for economically disadvantaged students and other qualified individuals.
How to Apply DSWD Assistance Program?
According to DSWD Sec. Erwin Tulfo release, the following individuals are eligible to use the DSWD educational support program:
- Working student
- Has no family/Living with relative
- Child of a solo parent
- Has parents with no source of living
- Child of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs)
- Child of Persons With Disabilities (PWDs)
- Child of HIV victims
- Victim of Domestic Abuse
- Victim of natural disasters
A family qualifies to apply and register for the DSWD assistance program when they have three or more children. However, simply informing the DSWD of their circumstance is insufficient; they must provide documentation for the department to approve and validate their application.
Who is eligible to apply for the DSWD Assistance Program?
As per the announcement, elementary, high school, and vocational/college students can apply for the DSWD educational assistance program.
“Magsisimula ang Educational Assistance payout sa ika-20 ng Agosto 2022 at sa mga susunod na Sabado – Agosto 27, Setyembre 3, 10, 17 at 24,” Sec. E. Tulfo said in a Facebook post.
The AICS Educational Assistance Program provides financial aid to students, ranging from PHP 1,000 to PHP 4,000, depending on their current level of schooling. Please refer to the details below for the specific cash amounts that each student can receive.
- Elementary students cash assistance – PHP 1,000
- High School Students cash assistance – PHP 2,000
- Senior High School Students cash assistance – PHP 3,000
- College/Vocational Students cash assistance – PHP 4,000
How Do I Apply for DSWD Program?
Those who wish to avail the assistance may opt for two ways according to Sec. Erwin Tulfo:
- Walk-In – Visit the DSWD Central Office or Field Offices.
- Email – Send an email request to CIU.CO [@] DWSD.GOV.PH
Below are the Necessary Documentary Requirements:
- Proof of Enrollment
- Authorization letter (if the applicant is not available)
- Valid ID of parent/guardian as well as students who are in college or taking vocational courses
For your reference, take note of the following DSWD Educational Assistance Payout schedules:
- August 20, 2022
- August 27, 2022
- September 3, 2022
- September 10, 2022
- September 17, 2022
- September 24, 2022
Watch the video below to learn how to apply for DSWD Educational Assistance in just a few simple steps: