⚡Click here for Ongoing College Scholarships 2024-2025⚡
The Commission on Higher Education in the Philippines offers a medical scholarship program for deserving students who want to pursue a degree in medicine. This article details the CHED Medical Scholarship program for the academic year 2023-2024, including eligibility requirements, the application process, and benefits.
Table of Contents
- Overview of CHED Medical Scholarship
- CHED Scholarship Video Guide
- How to Apply
- Ongoing Scholarships
Overview of CHED Medical Scholarship
According to the CHED Memorandum on January 26, 2023:
In accordance with the pertinent provisions of Republic Act (RA) No. 7722, otherwise known as the “Higher Education Act of 1994” and Republic Act (RA) No. 11509, otherwise known as the “Doktor Para Sa Bayan Act”, all private higher education institutions offering recognized Doctor of Medicine Program, are invited to be a partner HEI in the implementation of the Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) program for Academic year (AY) 2023-2024.
- Duly Recognized by CHED to offer Medicine Program.
- Performance in the Physician Licensure Examination of the Professional Regulation Commission PRC.
- at least 65% overall institutional passing percentage for HEIs with graduates in the last 3 Years, and
- 75% overall institutional passing percentage for HEIs with graduates for less than 3 years.
- With Designated Scholarship Coordinator or focal Person,
- With Admission slots for indigenous people IP and Students from Geographically Isolated and Disadvantaged Areas (GIDAS).
- With a Capacity to Conduct review classes for Graduating scholars, and
- Willing to provide a counterpart Fund to be used for providing the balance of tuition and other school fees for scholars enrolled therein,
The amount of tuition and other school fees (TOSF) subsidy provided by the CHED to qualified scholars is given below. This will be paid directly to the PHEI by the concerned CHED Regional Office (CHEDRO)
Ongoing Scholarship: DCWD College Scholarship 2023
CHED Scholarship Video Guide
How to Apply
Interested parties may submit their application to the CHED Office of the Executive Director through the Office of Student Development and Services (OSDS) on or before April 21, 2023.
|Amount of TOSF to be provided by CHED
|200,000/AY or 100,000/Semester
|New and Ongoing
For Queries and concerns, you may click here