Filipinos can now apply for CHED Medical Scholarship, a scholarship program started by Commission on Higher Education. The Commission on Higher Education is accepting applications for the Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS), So you can now apply for the Second Semester of Academic Year 2021-2022 and the First Semester of Academic Year 2022-2023.
Overview of CHED Medical Scholarship
According to the CHED Memorandum on March 4, 2022:
“In accordance with the pertinent provisions of Republic Act (RA) No. 7722, otherwise known as the “Higher Education Act of 1994” and Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) No. 11509, otherwise known as the “Doktor Para Sa Bayan” Act, the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), is now accepting applicants for the Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) program for Doctor of Medicine program for the second semester, AY 2021-2022 and first semester, AY 2022-2023.”
|Note: Before applying, read this article carefully to learn more about program eligibility and application procedures. A link to the application site is included at the end of this article.|
Qualifications for CHED Medical Scholarship
Interested applicants who wish to apply for the MSRS Program must meet the qualification requirements provided in Section 7 of the IRR:
- Filipino citizen residing in the Philippines;
- Must be a Graduating student or a graduate of an appropriate undergraduate program identified as a prerequisite for a Doctor of Medicine degree
- Should currently be enrolled in Doctor of Medicine degree, from any HEIs duly recognized by the CHED, including a direct entrant to the integrated liberal arts and medicine (INTARMED) program who satisfactorily completes the first two (2) years of the program: provided, that deserving incoming second-year medical students and those in the higher year levels of the Doctor of Medicine program shall also be covered, as long as they have complied with the academic requirements and retention policies of the school in the past terms preceding their scholarship application;
- Obtained a National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) score mandated by the CHED and required by the SUC/PHEI where the student intends to enroll in.
- To get scholarship, one must have passed the entrance examinations and complied with other related requirements for admission.
- In order to get admission into a Doctor of Medicine degree, one must enroll or have intentions to enroll in any of the following SUCS/PHEIs.
List of Universities
Here is a list of universities where the scholar must be currently enrolled or intending to enroll.
|Region||Name of HEI||Type|
|1||Mariano Marcos State University||SUC|
|University of Northern Philippines||SUC|
|2||Cagayan State Univeristy||SUC|
|3||Angeles University Foundation||Private|
|4||Adventist University of the Philippines||Private|
|De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute||Private|
|6||West Visayas State University||SUC|
|Central Philippine University||Private|
|University of St. La Salle||Private|
|8||Cebu Normal University-Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center||SUC|
|9||University of the Philippines School of Health Sciences||SUC|
|10||Western Mindanao State University||SUC|
|11||Mindanao State University – Iligan||SUC|
|University of Southeastern Philippines||SUC|
|Davao Medical School Foundation, Inc.||Private|
|Brokenshire College, Inc.||Private|
|12||Mindanao State University – General Santos||SUC|
|NCR||University of the Philippines Manila||SUC|
The deadline for submission of the SUC/PHEI of the list of scholarship applicants and supporting documents to the concerned CHEDRO for evaluation.
|Academic Year||Semester||Deadline of Submission to CHED ROs|
|2021-2022||Second Semester||April 30, 2022|
|2022-2023||First Semester||August 31, 2022|
|Follow us on Facebook, Telegram and YouTube for more scholarship updates, or join the members discussions at our Facebook Group.|
For more information, contact the CHED Regional Office near you.
Check the PDF below: