⚡ Follow us on Facebook to Get Latest Scholarship updates
This ASEAN Scholarship is for students from The Philippines joining Secondary 3 in selected Singapore secondary schools. Find out if you are eligible and how to apply.
The Singapore Ministry of Education has announced the availability of ASEAN Scholarships for deserving Filipino students who wants to continue their studies in notable “Lion City”-Singapore.
Table of Contents
- What is the ASEAN Scholarship Program?
- Who are eligible for the ASEAN Scholarship?
- What are the advantages of the ASEAN Scholarship?
- ASEAN scholarship duration:
- Application Process:
The Ministry of Education (MOE) provides scholarships to outstanding young students from ASEAN and China who wish to study in Singapore.
Students will have opportunities to broaden their horizons and develop important skills such as leadership, communication and other life skills. They can also help to promote goodwill and understanding among young people from different countries and Singapore.
What is the ASEAN Scholarship Program?
This ASEAN Scholarship is for students from the Philippines who are entering Secondary 3 at one of Singapore’s secondary schools.
Secondary 3 is usually for students between the ages of 15 and 18, whereas Pre-University is for two-year or three-year studies at junior institutions.
Also Read: OWWA Scholarship Program 2023
Who are eligible for the ASEAN Scholarship?
Eligible applicants are Filipino nationals who:
- Are born on 2 January 2006 to 1 January 2009 (between 12 and 18 years old)
- Are currently in Grade 9 or above
- Have a good record of participation in Co-curricular activities
- Are proficient in English
- Have done consistently well in school examinations
What are the advantages of the ASEAN Scholarship?
The scholarship contains:
- Annual allowance with hostel accommodation.
- Examination fees for GCE O-Level and A-Level (once only, as applicable).
- Return economy airfare.
- Settling-in allowance.
- School fees.
- Subsidized medical benefits and insurance cover for accidents.
Also Read: SM Scholarship 2023
ASEAN scholarship duration:
The scholarship is as follows:
- Valid for 4 years from Secondary 3 to Pre-University 2, leading to the Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level certificate or similar qualification.
- Renewed each year based on the scholar’s performance in school.
Step 1: The application period began on March 15, 2022, and will end on May 13, 2022. The application must be submitted online. To apply, Click Here.
Step 2: Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a selection test and interview between July and August 2022 (tentative). Shortlisted candidates will be notified at least one week in advance that they will be required to attend a selection test and interview in Manila.
Please keep in mind that only those who have been shortlisted will be notified.
Step 3: Scholarships will be awarded in October 2022 (tentative). Applicants that are chosen will be notified by email.
Step 4: The successful candidates are planned to fly to Singapore at the end of October 2022 (tentative).
Please keep in mind that the system will be unavailable from 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 7, 2022 until 2 p.m. on Sunday, May 8, 2022.
If you have any queries about the application process, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact our Customer Service Centre.