The LANDBANK Gawad Patnubay (Gawad Pag-aaral Tungo sa Maunlad na Bayan) Scholarship Program is an education-to-employment initiative created to help underprivileged, deserving students who will focus in agriculture and fisheries. This program is part of LANDBANK’s mission to help spur and sustain countryside development.
What is Landbank Scholarship | Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program
The program aims to develop skills in modern agriculture, renew enthusiasm for the agricultural sector, promote sustainable development, and reduce poverty in the countryside through quality education. The scholarship program has since achieved the following milestones:
Also Read: CHED Medical Scholarship
What are the Landbank Gawad Patnubay Partner Schools?
- Benguet State University
- Mariano Marcos State University
- Isabela State University
- Central Luzon State University
- University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB)
- Marinduque State College
- Central Bicol State University of Agriculture
- UP Visayas (Mag-ao Campus)
- Negros Oriental State University
- Bohol Island State University
- Visayas State University
- Jose Rizal Memorial State University
- Central Mindanao State University
- University of Southeastern Philippines
- University of Southern Mindanao
- Surigao del Sur State University
- Mindanao State University
Also Read: Scholarships in the Philippines
E2E Internship Program
Aside from offering educational funding, the Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program also has an Education-to-Employment (E2E) internship component. E2E opens opportunities for the scholars to prepare them after graduation, and aims to secure agriculture-related jobs for the scholars at the end of the program.
Upon successful program completion, the scholars will participate in a 10-week intensive internship program composed of three weeks of lectures, seminars, and professional and personality development activities at the LANDBANK Head Office in Manila. Additionally, scholars will experience 7 weeks of field work in LANDBANK or in different partner-institutions.
Also Read: OWWA Scholarship
What are the Benefits of Landbank Scholarship 2022?
- 100% subsidy for tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Book allowance
- Research grant/thesis funding
- Licensure review and examination subsidy
- Financial award for honor students from P30,000 to P50,000 cash incentive
- 10-week Education-to-Employment (E2E) program
What are the Qualifications for the Landbank Scholarship Gawad Patnubay Program?
The following may be eligible to apply for the Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program:
- Must be Filipino citizens.
- Have gone through initial screening procedures of partner universities (e.g., entrance exams, submission of required documents, and preliminary interviews, which are standard requirements for enrollment).
- Preferably dependents of active members of cooperatives of small farmers and fishers currently being assisted by LANDBANK or LCDFI, or of Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries (ARBs) and Agrarian Reform Communities (ARCs).
- Must be students pursing BS Agriculture, BS Fisheries or any agriculture-related disciplines.
- With a general weighted average (GWA) of at least 2.5 or its equivalent in each semester, with no grades lower than 3.0 or its equivalent in any subject.
- Must not be enjoying any other financial assistance, grant, or scholarship from other external sources (e.g., foundations, government and private scholarships, pre-need educational plans).
- Annual total family income must not exceed PHP 300,000.00 as stated in their BIR Income Tax Return (ITR), with exemptions on a case-to-case basis as may be determined by the Selection Committee. For example, parents with six (6) or more children may have an income that could exceed PHP 300,000.00 yet still qualify for the scholarship.
How to Apply For Landbank Scholarship?
Students who passed the entrance exams or are currently enrolled in one of the 17 partner schools and taking up an agriculture-related course may submit the application form and all the other requirements to the respective University Student Affairs Office on or before the published deadline.
The application form may be downloaded through this link.
The requirements upon submission are the following:
- Duly filled-out scholarship application form
- Photocopy of the certified true copy of birth certificate PSA certified birth certificate
- Two 2”x 2” ID photos
- Medical certificate
- Photocopy of recent ITR of parents or BIR certificate of tax exemption
- Certified true copy of grades:
For incoming 1st year – secondary student’s permanent records or Form 137 with GWA not lower than 85 or its equivalent and no failing grades in any subject; and supporting document/s stating that the applicant has passed the partner school’s entrance exam
For incoming 2nd year to 3rd year college – summary of grades with a GWA of 2.5 per semester or its equivalent with no grade below 3.0 or its equivalent in any subject
- Certificate of good moral character coming from the school or university’s Office of Student Affairs
- One letter of recommendation from a previous teacher/professor
- Current resumé and list of activities, awards, and honors
- 500-word essay on “Why I am pursuing an agriculture-related career”
- Barangay clearance from the applicant’s home barangay
- Rho Brooks Women in STEM Scholarship
- Gold Eagle College Scholarship Grant For STEM
- $2,000 Niche No Essay Scholarship
- 7 Scholarships Open to Apply in Philippines