GSIS Educational Subsidy Program (GESP) – The Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) Educational Subsidy Program (GESP) is a fantastic opportunity for brilliant and needy students in the Philippines to receive a college education. To begin, the GSIS Educational Subsidy Program offers qualified students with yearly college grants to ensure they can complete their studies.
GESP provides academic financial assistance to 10,000 deserving students each year. The fund is electronically credited to each grantee’s account at the Land Bank of the Philippines.
Also Read – Kinobi Scholarship
GESP GRANT VALUE
Many people are likely wondering what value this academic fund has to give at this moment. Though the GESP fund is not as large as it may appear, it does award up to Php100 million to grantees each year. The 10,000 grantees split it evenly, with everyone receiving Php 10,000 each year.
GESP PRIORITY PROGRAMS
At the present, there are no programs in this fund that are a priority. So, don’t be concerned; all qualifying candidates have equal opportunities for the fund.
GESP ELIGIBILITY & QUALIFICATION
Do you wish to know if you or a loved one are qualified for the GSIS Educational Subsidy Program? That is correct; however, you should be aware that all active GSIS (Government Service Insurance System) members who match the following requirements are excellent candidates for the grant:
- Be nominated as a GESP grantee if you are a college student in any year level – with a 4 or 5 year course – enrolled in any CHED-recognized institution – and do not have any other scholarship from a public or private organization.
- Have a permanent employment status.
- Are within the salary grade 24 (or its equivalent) and below.
- Have no underpaid or unpaid loan amortisation for more than 3 months.
Also Read – CHED Scholarship
If you match the above qualifying criteria and capabilities, you must submit the following papers with your GESP application:
- A certified copy of your birth certificate.
- A certificate of grade registration (Note: This is an update to the needed documentation, which became effective on September 1st, 2019.)
- A certificate from a college certifying that you are enrolled or accepted for the current academic year, as well as the following information:
It’s your choice.
The course’s duration.
Your academic year level.
- A report card displaying your general weighted average, which must be at least 80% with no failing grades or incomplete marks in any subject during the previous academic year’s term.
- A certificate of employment or a record of service (if applicable).
- A correctly completed GESP application form.
GESP APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Once you’ve gathered all of the required papers (except the GESP application form), it’s time to get and complete the last document before submitting your application. To that effect;
- Download the GESP application form from the link provided below.
- Fill out the form as required.
- After that, email your application to [email protected] or bring it to your local GSIS to be manually submitted. Please keep in mind that you may alternatively send it through courier if you like.
Also Read – SM College Scholarship Program
GESP APPLICATION DURATION/DEADLINE
You’re probably wondering what the length or application deadline for this grant is at this point. If that’s correct, it’s worth noting that the GSIS Educational Subsidy Program application period has been open for perhaps more than two months.
Please keep in mind that the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) is currently accepting applications for the GSIS Educational Subsidy Program (GSEP) through September 10. If you haven’t yet filed your application, you still have around eight weeks.
The GESP allows thousands of brilliant but financially challenged students who would otherwise be unable to attend college to do so. Every year, around ten thousand students receive from the government’s Php 100 million grant, with each student getting an equal share.
This fund’s eligibility and qualifications are pretty reasonable, with many people meeting them. There are roughly 15 days remaining until this year’s application period concludes. If you fulfil the above qualifying conditions for the grant, why not give it another go by completing the application processes outlined above? If you have any questions or need clarification, please email [email protected]