TeachSTEM for College Degree and Master’s Degree Scholarship Program applications are now being accepted by the Gokongwei Brothers Foundation (GBF).
The TeachSTEM College Degree Scholarship Program supports aspiring public school teachers to gain a bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education.
Table of Contents
- Scholarship Benefits
- Eligibility Requirements
- Documentary Requirements
- TeachSTEM Scholarship Partner Universities
- Application Process
- How to apply?
- Video Guide
Here are the benefits of the scholarship:
- Scholarship Grant
- Fixed annual grant
- Public University: PHP 65,000
- Private University: PHP 85,000
- Education from Esteemed Centers of Excellence/ Development
- Scholarship grants sent directly to RBank accounts of scholars
- Financial grants may be used for educational expenses like tuition, books, supplies, living expenses and conduct of research
- Fixed annual grant
- Scholar Development programs
- Access to capacity-building programs (i.e. leadership, upskilling, subject content)
- A chance to be part of an educators community
- Continue to serve in the public sector while completing your course
Before applying, check first if you are qualified, refer to the list below:
- Must be an incoming or continuing college student taking a Bachelor’s degree in elementary or secondary education major in Science, Technology, or Mathematics in any of GBF’s partner universities.
- Must have no failed, dropped, or incomplete grades in the previous academic year.
- Must have a general average of at least eighty-five percent (85%) or its equivalent.
- Must enroll minimum academic load prescribed & complete program within the recommended period.
- Must be in good health.
- Must be of good moral character.
- In need of financial support to complete studies.
- Preferably not a recipient of other scholarships.
Also Read – Security Bank Scholarship 2023
Early Submission is Encouraged For Immediate Processing.
- Proof of Enrollment/Admission for AY 2022-2023
- A certified true copy of grades reflecting GWA from the previous Academic Year
- Proof of household income (e.g., ITR, Certificate of Indigency, Certificate of Low Income, 2 recent payslips)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Philosophy of Teaching essay
- Recommendation Form
- Consent from legal guardian (for applicants under 18 years old)
- ID Picture
- Medical Certificate (to be submitted after passing essay test)
TeachSTEM Scholarship Partner Universities
|Angeles University Foundation, Pampanga|
|Ateneo De Zamboanga|
|Ateneo de Manila University (GBSEALD)|
|Ateneo de Manila University (SOSE)|
|Ateneo de Naga University|
|Batangas State University|
|Bicol University – Main, Bicol|
|Bukidnon State University|
|Cebu Normal University|
|Central Luzon State University – Nueva Ecija|
|Central Mindanao University|
|Central Philippine University – Iloilo|
|De La Salle University – Manila|
|Far Eastern University|
|Father Saturnino Urios University – Butuan|
|Mariano Marcos State University|
|Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of Technology|
|Negros Oriental State University, Dumaguete|
|Notre Dame of Marbel University, South Cotabato|
|Philippine Normal University – Manila|
|Philippine Normal University – Mindanao, Agusan del Sur|
|Philippine Normal University – North Luzon, Isabela|
|Southern Luzon State University, Quezon Province|
|St. Louis College-La Union|
|St. Mary’s University-Nueva Vizcaya|
|University of Mindanao-Davao|
|University of Mindanao-Tagum|
|University of Northern Philippines, Ilocos Sur|
|University of San Carlos – Cebu|
|University of Southeastern Philippines|
|University of St. La Salle, Bacolod|
|University of Sto. Tomas|
|University of the Cordilleras|
|University of the Immaculate Conception, Davao City|
|University of the Philippines – Diliman|
|West Visayas State University|
Also Read – Civil Service Exam 2023
STEP 1: Eligibility Screening
- Accomplishment of Application Form
- Submission of Documentary Requirements
STEP 2: Live Online Exam
- Competency Test
- Essay Test
STEP 3: Panel Interview
- Submission of Medical Certificate
- Panel Interview
How to apply?
Interested candidates can apply here.
TeachSTEM College Degree Scholarship Deadline of Application: July 31, 2022