The DOST JLSS Scholarship is Now Open for Application. The Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program aims to provide scholarships that will finance the education of talented and deserving students in their third year of college and who are pursuing degree programs in the areas of science and technology; and ensure a steady, adequate supply of qualified S&T human resources who can steer the country towards national progress.
Table of Contents
- DOST JLSS Scholarship 2022 ANNOUNCEMENT:
- Scholarship Privileges
- WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE JLSS?
- WHAT INFORMATION SHOULD YOU KNOW BEFORE FILING YOUR E-APPLICATION?
- ISSUANCE OF TEST PERMIT
- ADMISSION OF EXAMINEES ON EXAMINATION DAY
- How to Apply?
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP QUALIFIERS
DOST JLSS Scholarship 2022 ANNOUNCEMENT:
A. Regular Academic Year
|Tuition and other school fees (for scholars enrolled in private HEIs)||₱40,000.00 / year|
|Book Allowance||₱10,000.00 / year|
|Monthly Living Allowance||₱7,000.00 / month|
|Transportation Allowance(for those studying outside of home province)||1 economy-class roundtrip fare|
|Group Health and Accident Insurance||Premium|
B. Summer Allowance (if required in the curriculum)
|Tuition and other school fees||₱1,500.00|
|Book Allowance||₱500.00 (to submit Official Receipt)|
|Monthly Living Allowance||₱7,000.00 / month for two months|
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE JLSS?
1. REGULAR second year college male and female students enrolled in a DOST-SEI priority S&T course at identified universities in the Second Semester of AY 2021-2022.
2. Must have a general weighted average of at least 83% or its equivalent and with no conditional or failing mark from the First Semester of First Year until the First Semester of Second Year in college, including in the midyear term, if enrolled.
3. Must be natural-born Filipino citizen.
4. Must be of good moral character and in good health.
5. May have taken the DOST-SEI Scholarship Examination before but did not pass or have qualified for the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship but did not avail the scholarship award.
Valid Email Address
You will need a valid email address for logging in to your application account and for receiving notifications about your application status and results. Please check and double check that you enter the correct email address.
- Please make sure that the email address you intend to register in order to file your application has not been compromised in a data breach. Click here to verify.
- To ensure security of your data, you are encouraged to use secured e-mail accounts preferably one that has two-step verification.
- You will be advised on the status of your application and other announcements relative to your application through the email account that you use during registration.
Working Mobile Number/s
Please provide a working mobile number by which you can be contacted should there be a need to, relative to your application.
Security of Access Credentials
You will be assigned an Application ID. This, with pertinent personal data, shall serve as your access credential to the JLSS E-Application System. Please keep your access credentials secure.
No to Multiple Accounts!
Do not create multiple accounts. These will cause delay in accessing your application forms.
Stable Internet Connection
When you are ready with all the information you need to fill out your E-Application and the documents that needed to be uploaded, make sure you have a stable internet connection.
Also Read – TeachSTEM College Degree Scholarship
WHAT INFORMATION SHOULD YOU KNOW BEFORE FILING YOUR E-APPLICATION?
1. Father’s Annual Gross Income
2. Mother’s Annual Gross Income
3. If Legal Guardian is supporting Applicant, Legal Guardian’s Annual Gross Income
4. If family receives contribution from outside source: the giver, the amount of the contribution and the purpose of the contribution
5. If family owns agricultural land: how many hectares
6. If family owns vehicle: type, year and model
When you have all the necessary documents; completely accomplished and scanned or have pictures of these; and know the above-mentioned information, you are now ready to access the JLSS E-Application.
ISSUANCE OF TEST PERMIT
The pen and paper examination is scheduled on August 27-28, 2022. The qualified Applicant will be issued a Test Permit where his/her test center and test session and other pertinent information relative to the examination will be indicated. This will be sent to the Applicant’s registered email address sometime on August 17-19, 2022.
Also Read – Scholarships in Philippines
ADMISSION OF EXAMINEES ON EXAMINATION DAY
To be admitted to the testing center, the Examinee must present his/her vaccination card or negative antigen test result, administered within 48 hours before the scheduled examination.
If and when the COVID 19 alert level will be heightened at around the time of the examination per advisory from Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases, the conduct of the pen and paper examination may be cancelled. In this event, proper communication will be sent to the Applicant’s registered email address.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply from here for DOST Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Scholarship
- Start of Online Application Period: 9 June, 2022
- DOST JLSS Scholarship deadline: 31 July, 2022
- Schedule of Qualifying Examination: August 27-28, 2022
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP QUALIFIERS
Check the SEI website: https://sei.dost.gov.ph for the announcements of the scholarship qualifiers tentatively on November 6, 2022. If you qualify for the scholarship, you will be sent the Notice of Award through your registered email address.