In this Post, I’ll explain About Scholarship Programs for High School Students as well as benefits, Eligibility requirements and application process.
Education is a long-term investment. However, not everyone can afford to make such an important investment. Tuition, food, transportation, and books are all costs associated with studying. Worrying about your expenses while studying is stressful. Scholarship program exist to help you with your expenses. This article will teach you how to get a scholarship program in the Philippines, if you’re a high school.
Table of Contents
- Philippine Science High School (PSHS) Scholarship
- How to apply for PSHS Scholarship:
- Annual Nationwide Search for Young Arts Scholars (Philippine High School for the Arts)
Philippine Science High School (PSHS) Scholarship
Description: PSHS maintains the National Competitive Examination (NCE) once a year for all incoming Grade 7 students.
- A final grade point average of 85% in Science and Mathematics. If the student’s grade is less than 85%, he or she may still be qualified if he or she is in the top 10% of the class.
- A Filipino citizen with no pending or approved immigrant application to any foreign country.
- Not older than 14 years old, in good health, and capable of participating in a rigorous academic program.
- Two copies of the fully-accomplished Application Form
- Recent 1” x 1” ID pictures
- Certified True Copy of student’s report card
- Non-Refundable Processing Fee (for private school only, Php 300)
- Quality and Intensive Science Education from PSHS with free tuition fee
- Monthly Stipend of Php 500
- Living Allowance of Php 4,000 a month
- Dormitory Accommodation
How to apply for PSHS Scholarship:
- Download the application form and fill it out, or apply online. The application form is completely free.
- Submit the required documentation to any PSHS campus or DOST/Provincial S&T offices. Submit your online applications here.
- Send any applicable processing fees. If the applicant is from a private school, you may send the payment at the time the application is submitted. Payments are made after completing the application form if you apply online.
Apply NOW – PSHS Scholarship
Annual Nationwide Search for Young Arts Scholars (Philippine High School for the Arts)
Description: The Philippine High School for the Arts (PHSA) provides scholarships to students who have shown exemplary talent in the arts.
- Filipino citizen
- Not older than 14 years old
- Grade 6 pupil at the time of application
- Talented in any art discipline
- Proficient in English and Filipino
- Willing to study in a residential school
- In good health
- Willing to pursue a college degree/career in Dance, Creative Writing, Architecture, Fine Arts, Music, Theater Arts, Journalism, or any related courses
- PHSA Application Form
- PSA Birth Certificate (Photocopy)
- Grade 6 report card (Photocopy)
- One-page resume citing accomplishments in arts
- Ten sample works, all of which should be typewritten, double spaced on A4 white bond paper, and authenticated by the teacher-in-charge (For creative writing).
- Ten images of artwork (jpeg format) in CD or DVD (For Visual Arts)
- Free tuition fee
- Board and lodging
- Monthly stipend
- Opportunities to represent the country and school in local and international festivals, competitions, and exchange programs
Also Read: OWWA Scholarship 2022
How to apply for Annual Nationwide Search for Young Arts Scholars.
Send accomplished application form and other requirements to:
Philippine High School for the Arts
National Arts Center, Mt. Makiling, College 4031, Laguna