The Iskolar Ng Landbank Scholarship 2023 is now open to all eligible Filipinos. The Land Bank of the Philippines (LANDBANK) today announced the launch of a new scholarship program to help deserving dependents of agrarian reform beneficiaries (ARBs), small farmers, and fishers around the country.
The Bank has provided a total of P128 million under the “Iskolar ng LANDBANK Program” to cover the educational expenses of 360 scholars from 2023 to 2028.
Table of Contents
- Landbank Scholarship 2023 Benefits
- Eligibility requirements
- For How many students scholarships will be given?
- What are the Eligible Courses?
- Process of Selection
- Application timeline:
- Partner State Colleges and Universities
The theme of the Iskolar ng LANDBANK Program is “600@60: Developing Scholars and Nurturing Talents Toward Serving the Nation,” representing the Bank’s goal of 600 scholar graduates (including graduates from the Bank’s previous scholarship program) in celebration of LANDBANK’s 60th anniversary this year.
Landbank Scholarship 2023 Benefits
The following are the benefits of the Iskolar Ng Landbank Scholarship:
- ₱100,000 per year to cover allowance and expenses for books, clothing, and other course requirements
- Special cash incentives for scholars who will graduate with honors.
- Iskolar Ng Landbank graduates will also be offered on-the-job (OJT) training in LANDBANK Branches and Lending Centers, including the Bank’s partner agencies and institutions.
The Iskolar Ng Landbank Scholarship will fund 60 new Filipino students each year starting this year and continuing through 2028.
Also Read: Vicsal Foundation College Scholarship
The following are the qualifications for applying for an Iskolar Ng Landbank scholarship:
- The applicant must have a minimum average grade of 90% or belonging to the top 10% of their class.
- The applicant must be children and grandchildren of agrarian reform beneficiaries (ARBs) and small farmers and fishers who are high school graduates.
To apply for Landbank Scholarship 2023, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Eligible applicants must be high school students who are the children or grandchildren of ARBs or small farmers and fishers,
- Candidates must have an average grade of 90% or be in the top 10% of their class.
- The applicant must also have a letter of endorsement from their senior high school principal.
- You must not receive any other financial assistance, grant, or scholarship from other external sources.
- The applicant must meet the admission requirements of partner state colleges and universities.
- The annual total family income must not exceed Php 300,000.
For How many students scholarships will be given?
The Iskolar Ng Landbank Scholarship will support 60 new Filipino scholars each year starting this year and continuing until 2028.
What are the Eligible Courses?
The following are the 12 eligible courses for which a student can apply for the Scholarship:
- Animal science,
- Food technology,
- Data analytics,
- Information technology,
- Agribusiness management,
- Industrial or management,
- Civil engineering and
- Mechanical engineering
Ongoing Scholarship: Ayala Foundation Scholarship 2023
Process of Selection
Following the introduction of the program in the month of February this year, the Bank received several inquiries from potential applicants, prompting the announcement of a revised selection process.
Iskolar ng LANDBANK scholars will be chosen by the Bank from among nominations approved by its partner groups made up of farmers and fishermen.
The opening and closing dates for the Scholarship application have not yet been specified by the Land Bank of the Philippines.
Partner State Colleges and Universities
To start, the state-run bank would work with 12 State Colleges and Universities (SUCs) across the nation to accommodate scholars from the NCR, Northern, Central, and Southern Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
Source: LandBank of the Philippines