⚡ Follow us on Facebook to Get Latest Scholarship updates
The Philippine Space Agency (PhilSA) is the government agency in charge of all national space research, technology, and applications concerns and activities. The Philippine Space Act, or PhilSA, established the PhilSA as an attached agency of the President’s Office for policy and program coordination, as well as to ensure that national objectives and priorities are aligned.
The Philippine Space Agency (PhilSA) is providing advanced space scholarships to Filipino students. The “Advanced Degrees for Accelerating Strategic Space R&D Applications” (AD ASTRA) program strives to encourage excellent persons pursuing doctoral degrees in space science, technology, and applications (SSTA).
Table of Contents
- What are the eligibility requirements?
- What are the advantages?
- What are the requirements?
- How to Apply?
PhilSA AD ASTRA offers full, partial, lateral, and sandwich program scholarships to promising students pursuing advanced degrees in disciplines related to SSTA such as, but not limited to: System Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Digital, and Analogue Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, RF Electronics, Software Engineering, Orbit, Dynamics Mission and Synthesis, Data Analytics, Atmospheric Science, Hydrological Science, Climate Change and Variability, Ocean Science, Geological Science, Earth Science Applications, Earth System Modelling, Biology and Biogeochemistry of Ecosystems, Geospatial Science and Technologies, Fundamental Physics, Nanoscience, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Space Physics, Planetary Science, Terrestrial and Planetary Environmental Science, and Engineering, Nanotechnology, Space Education, Space Industry, Space Law, Space Policy, and Space Diplomacy.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- At the time of application, you must be no more than 45 years old (for Masters and Doctorate Scholarships) and no more than 50 years old (for stand-alone sandwich program).
- You must be a Filipino citizen.
- Physical and mental health must be in good working order.
- You must have a good moral character.
- A suitable Bachelor’s Degree (for Master’s Degree applicants) or Master’s Degree is required (for Doctorate Degree applicants)
- There must be no pending administrative or criminal cases.
- There must be no outstanding service obligations from previous scholarship programs.
- Must have a research/thesis/dissertation plan that aligns with the Scholarship Committee’s focus areas.
- Admission standards of any CHED-recognized HEI must be met (for local studies)Must have completed his/her Department’s/internal Agency’s scholarship process (for government employees)
- They must have been admitted to their host institution or university.
What are the advantages?
- Tuition and other school-related fees
Stipend (accommodation, meals, incidental expenses)
- Allowance for Books*
- Technical Assistance (includes the provision of a laptop* as well as the cost of a basic monthly internet connection/communication**).
- Allowance for Round-Trip Transportation
- Allowance for Pre-Departure (For grantees enrolled in universities abroad)
- Allowance for Relocation (For grantees accepted to a university in a region/country other than their current residency)
- Disability Support (For grantees with disabilities)
- Extra Academic Activities (Includes membership in professional societies, student clubs/organizations, and participation in study visits, workshops, and seminars related to the study).
- Allowance for Thesis/Dissertation** (If applicable)
- **Research Grant (If applicable)
- Grant for Dissemination of Research (If applicable)
- **Mentors’ Fee
- Mentoring and Assistance Program
- Participation in the PhilSA Scholars Group
- Only eligible to full scholarship holders (minimum of one year);
- Only applicable to local scholarship holders. This is a unique feature of the remote learning setup.
What are the requirements?
- PhilSA Scholarship Program Application Form duly completed (Form 1)
- Curriculum Vitae Updated
- Birth certificate photocopy
- Certified True Copy of Grades/Transcript of Records True copy of diploma/graduation certificate
- No Pending Administrative Case Certificate
- No Pending Service Obligation Certificate
- Letters of recommendation from three academic professors or supervisors (Form 2)
- Medical certification
- Plans for Research and Career (Form 3)
- Duly accomplished Budget Proposal Form (Form 4)
- A passport-sized photograph
- Valid NBI Clearance
- Acceptance letter from the University or host institution
PLEASE NOTE: All application forms can be downloaded from here.
How to Apply?
Send the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note applicants with comleted requirements will be considered. Deadlines for applications are 15 December 2021 (1st batch) and 2nd May 2022 (2nd batch)
Source: Philippine space agency