DOST Scholarship 2023 is now accepting applications from all eligible Filipinos. The Department of Science and Technology-Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) has announced a new Scholarship Program under the Capacity Building Program in Science and Mathematics Education (CBPSME) in collaboration with the National Consortium in Graduate Science and Mathematics Education (NCGSME).
This scholarship program is open to male and female students who are pursuing Masters and Doctorate degrees in Science and Mathematics Education. The goal of the program is to produce highly competent and effective science and mathematics teachers who will contribute to the improvement of the quality of education in the Philippines
Table of Contents
- What are the DOST Scholarship Goals?
- What are the Fields of Education are:
- What are the Benefits of the DOST-SEI Scholarship 2023?
- What are the Qualifications for DOST Scholarship?
- Who else is eligible to apply?
- Who else is non-eligible to apply?
- What are the Documents Required?
- Application Period
- How to Apply for DOST-SEI Scholarship?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the DOST Scholarship Goals?
The program goals are as follows:
- To improve the quality of science and mathematics education in the country
- Accelerate the development of a critical mass of experts in science and mathematics education.
What are the Fields of Education are:
- Master’s in Mathematics / Science Education
- Doctoral in Mathematics / Science Education
What are the Benefits of the DOST-SEI Scholarship 2023?
The following are the benefits of DOST-SEI scholarships for Master’s and Doctoral students:
The scholarship shall provide for the actual tuition and other school fees, monthly stipend (Master’s: ₱25,000, Doctoral: ₱33,000), learning materials and connectivity allowance (₱20,000/AY), transportation allowance, group accident and health insurance (Premium), thesis or dissertation allowance (Master’s: ₱60,000, Doctoral: ₱100,000), research grant (Master’s: ₱114,000, Doctoral: ₱253,000), dissemination grant (Master’s: ₱75,000, Doctoral: ₱150,000), and mentors fee (Master’s: ₱36,000, Doctoral: ₱72,000).
Stipends for the remaining months of the scholarship period shall be given to a scholar who completes his/her degree earlier than the end of the said period.
What are the Qualifications for DOST Scholarship?
Here are the requirements a student must meet to apply for the Scholarship:
Must be a natural-born Filipino citizen.
- The applicant must not be older than 50 years at the time of application.
- Must be in good health and have a good moral character.
- Applicants should pass the admission requirements for graduate studies at any of the NCGSME member-universities.
- You must have teaching experience.
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience in science and mathematics for Doctoral.
- You should have at least one year of teaching experience.
- You must have graduated with academic honors or been a DOST scholar for Master’s.
- If employed, you are allowed to study full-time for two or three years (residential mode) and part-time for six years at UPOU (distance education mode)
- This form was officially endorsed by the Department of Education (Signed Form 2A by the Division Superintendent and Regional Director)
- Not a recipient of other scholarships.
- Accept the terms and conditions specified in the scholarship contract.
Who else is eligible to apply?
The Scholarship is open to applicants with the following qualifications:
- A PhD graduate from a priority S&T program (scholar or non-scholar) who intends to pursue another PhD degree
- MS/PhD non-scholar graduate (not S&T related) who intends to pursue a second MS/PhD degree
Ongoing Scholarship: Ayala Foundation Scholarship 2023
Who else is non-eligible to apply?
The following are the non-eligibility rules for the Scholarship:
- PhD graduate (scholar or non-scholar) who intends to pursue another MS degree program.
- MS graduate in a priority S&T program (scholar or non-scholar) who intends to pursue a second MS degree.
What are the Documents Required?
Below is a list of the documents required to apply for the DOST Scholarship:
- Below is the link to the Accomplished Information Form (Form 1)
- A photocopy of the birth certificate.
- If employed, certification of employment and a permit to study (Form 2A or Form 2B)
- The medical certificate form 3
- If employed, a certified true copy of the service record.
- The certified copy of the official transcript of records (TOR)
- Notice of admission to the Masters/Doctoral in Science and Mathematics Education program at any NCGSME member-universities.
- Two (2) former professors have endorsed this proposal.
- A letter of nomination or recommendation from the head of the university.
- The commitment to complete the degree
- A valid NBI clearance is required.
Ongoing Scholarship: Mercury Drug Foundation Pharmacy Scholarship 2023
Below are the deadline dates a candidate must keep in mind when applying for the DOST Scholarship 2023.
- The deadline for application to the university submission is June 30, 2023.
- The deadline for university to SEI submission is July 31, 2023.
How to Apply for DOST-SEI Scholarship?
Candidates who are interested and eligible can apply for the DOST Scholarship by obtaining the Application form from the institutions mentioned in the Scholarship announcement
For more information on School placements, Fields of Specialization, Terms of Scholarship, and Selection of Awardees, visit the Scholarship Announcement page
Please contact the S&T Scholarship Division if you have any questions or concerns.
- Tel no: 8330 8876, 8330 8826
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, it is open to apply.
This scholarship program is open to qualified male and female applicants for Masters and Doctorate degrees in Science and Mathematics Education.
The following benefits are available to accepted scholars:
The scholarship shall cover the actual tuition and other school fees, monthly stipend, learning materials and connectivity allowance, transportation allowance, group accident and health insurance, thesis or dissertation allowance, research grant, dissemination grant and mentor’s fee.
You can go back to the top of the article and look at the list of programs or fields of specialization each school offers for both Masters and Doctoral Degree Programs.
You can apply directly to the school where you want to study your field of specialization. You can check out the school placements above to find out where to get and file the application form.